Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Head Crackers

The past two weeks have been pretty hectic and stressful for me. I had to miss the last two scheduled foundations workouts. GRRR. Finish that off with three days of head-splitting agony in the form of my old friend: The migraine headache. Today it finally broke. That's 3 days down the tubes. I feel like I've been through the wringer.

My diet has been a little wacky lately, I have to admit. Saturday night I had a brownie and a lemon bar at a party, and I can't help but think that triggered something bad. I also experimented with a few days of avoiding dairy, but then had a big Greek yogurt on Saturday morning.... so who knows. (My chronic throat clearing is back with a vengeance too). I've been doing many hours of research and reading to help figure out what I need to do to get a handle on my health. I had a great visit with a nutritionist / life coach from the FB CrossFit Gym (Erica). She was wonderful, and helpful, and for once, I really felt understood.

Here are some of my conclusions from my discussion with Erica and my research:

1. If I want to find out if I have issues with particular foods, I think I need to do an Elimination Diet.
2. I still want to follow a Low Carb plan (100g/day), due to my history and severe cravings for carbs.
3. I'm hoping that by following a Zone type block plan, I will get the nutrients I need to properly fuel my workouts.
4. I still need to figure out my vitamin/supplement needs. (I was reading that Magnesium deficiency can lead to many symptoms I have, including migraines).
5. I probably do need to get a firm diagnosis on my possible gluten issues. (I hate going to the doctor!)

I created my own little Google Site to help me track what I'm doing, and to have everything I need in one place. I think I might go grocery shopping tonight and get started tomorrow.

Also on tomorrow's schedule: I go back to CrossFit. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment