Monday, October 5, 2009

Front Squats and Applesauce

I ate some unsweetened applesauce about 20 minutes before the workout today, and drank about 8oz of water. Who knows if it helped, but I did have 2 or 3 moments of nausea. I started the day with my usual Greek yogurt / flax seed / honey substitute breakfast.

No new skills today, Ali practiced kipping for pull-ups. Not I. We did our warmup, then:
5 rounds of Front Squats (#35 bar), and 400m run for time. (21:47)

How can something so simple to write be so hard to do? I did stop a few times during the run sections. I also had a huge mental battle raging. There were two characters. I'll call one voice Wimpy, and the other voice Arnold:
Wimpy: "I'm dying. I can't breathe. I'm so out of shape. I need to take a break. Stop running, my lungs are about to explode!"
Arnold: "You fucking loser, just suck it up. So what it hurts? You're not going to die. Just keep going and stop being such a big fat baby."
And on and on the mental argument went... It's kind of funny what goes on in there!

I met another member at the gym today who went full tilt Paleo. He cut out all the bad carbs and dairy at the same time. He says it made a world of difference for him, AND he said he is frequently in ketosis! I wish I had more time to talk to him...

No comments:

Post a Comment