Thursday, November 5, 2009

Wokka Wokka!


I bought an $8 wok yesterday at Ikea. It is my new favorite thing! It's so quick and easy to throw together a stir-fry with primal ingredients. I often use eggs, cracking them in towards the end or cooking up some meat for the fry. It's so easy to experiment with different veggies and seasonings.
What a great item. What a difference from using a large frying pan. All the ingredients actually fit (raw bok choy, spinach, and other greens are so big to start), and slide nicely to the center as I cook. Fun!
I created a large, hot and very satisfying meal including food prep and cleanup and eating the meal in less than 30 minutes. Next week I'm going to pre wash and chop certain veggies so I have an easy selection of ingredients to toss into the stir-fry or a big salad (like Mark Sisson's 2 minute salad).

Yesterday's workout was the CrossFit Total. It was time consuming because I was new to the workout and had to experiment a lot with weights. Next time I'll have a good start point, which is where I left off! Ali was excited that I "made it on the board" - which I plan to learn all about sometime in the future (hee hee!). I'm just so proud of myself for getting healthier at this point, I don't care much about times and competitive results. One day, maybe I will.

CrossFit Total
Heidi: 155(PR) + 85 + 185 = 425
Back Squat -155
Shoulder Press - 85
Dead Lift - 185

No comments:

Post a Comment